Background

Saturday, July 17, 2010

So today is Saturday and I usually work on Saturdays but I have recently decided to not work 6 days a week. So yesterday I went to a training camp (kinda) it was just a class I am in, and they decided to do a 1/2 Ironman. So I woke up at 4:30 am and got out to Utah lake in Provo by 5:30 We swam about 1 and 1/2 miles. Then changed out of our wet suits and off on our bikes we went. I felt great for the first 40 miles or so. I was in the lead with a buddy of mine Russ. ( Russ used to be a bike racer so i feel great biking by him.) Russ is so inspiring he is such a strong biker! Then aways after the turn around the wind picked up right to my face I had to slow down a bit and Russ left me in the dust. I then realized I had not eaten anything but a protein powder hours prior to this point NOT smart Lindsey. My stomach felt sick but I only had 20 miles left on the bike and 13.1 miles left on the run. So i sucked it up and just kept biking. I looked up after a minute of barring down and a COW was in the middle of the road I could still see Russ ahead and the cow did not seam to care that he had pasted to I thought i would be ok. And still i am a thinking oh I will be okay I grew up around cattle my hole life I will just whistle and the will back off. Ya so when I did that out came that Heifers Calf.! and that calf thought i was chasing her! so off she ran and me right behind her... after all I had to stay on the road that she was running down and I could not just stop becuase her mom was right behind me! So picture this little tinny country road two pastures on both sides with fences one little baby calf running down the middle of the road, then little old me, then BIG momma cow chasing me! ya it was hilarious... after the fact that I was safe. All that was going though my head was ok if she catches me I am clipped in. She is going to tip me over then not only trample me but ruin my brand new carbon bike in the process. Any way I got away sare and sound.
So by the time I got lost, added a couple of miles on to my bike, run a tinny bit It was too late to finish all 13.1 miles so I had to leave early to get to work by 11:00 am. I got home at 10:45am and was only 2 min. late for work. Who says girls cant get ready Fast?
Then off to work I was for a 8 1/2 hrs Day at the salon.
Then today I was out on the lawn preparing my Sunday school lesson and a mom dear with her baby walked right up to me. It was way cool. God creates such amazing things doesn't he. To see things so close up, it is just amazing.

1 comment:

Ruth and Nate said...

haha Linds your this post made me laugh so hard! I can just picture the whole cow chase! haha love it!